Betallic encourages our customers to use and promote the following smart balloon practices.
• Do not release any balloons into the air - they can become tangled in power lines and turn into litter
• Keep balloons secured with a string and tied to a weight
• Children with balloons should always be monitored. Children under eight (8) years of age
can choke or suffocate on uninflated or broken balloons
• When finished with balloons, pop them and properly dispose of them
• Despite the funny voice helium can give you, it should never be inhaled
The Balloon Council Stance on Balloon Releases: Worth the Weight: The Balloon Council says balloons should not be released. Americans love balloons, but for many reasons no longer support balloon releases. Balloon makers have worked hard to share and inspire the use of Smart Balloon Practices to keep balloons available for every occasion. We stand with communities by encouraging that balloons be weighted, not released outdoors, and disposed of properly when broken or deflated. Whether it's a single balloon or hundreds, let's keep them from flying away.
Smart Balloon Retailers: Downloadable Marketing Material
Please register as a Smart Balloon Retailer with The Balloon Council
Sample letter to send to your customers to ask for their support of the Smart Balloon Practices Campaign.
Smart Balloon Practices is an educational program of The Balloon Council. Additional information regarding
smart balloon practices and other important topics can be found online at